There’s definitely more to paw paws than them being tasty summery fruits. They are loaded with plenty of nutrients that are not only beneficial when ingested but also when applied topically to the skin. Their high content of proteolytic enzymes like chymopapain and papain as well as vitamins A, B and C could explain why it’s risen to fame in the natural skin care industry and why we at Real McArthur PawPaw Products fell in love with it.
Here’s a brief summary of benefits that can be attributed to organic paw paws when used on the skin:
- Combats signs of premature aging
- Helps to reduce acne
- Protects against harmful UV rays
- Brightens the skin hence helpful in combating conditions such as hyperpigmentation and acne scarring
- Promotes skin regeneration
- Potent Antioxidant Properties
- Helps to sooth sensitive and irritated skin
- Helps to combat skin inflammation
Now let’s take a deeper look at how each of the skin-saving nutrients present in pawpaw plays a role in promoting skin health and combating various skin conditions, Shall we?
The high quantities of Vitamin A present in Pawpaws is enough to make significant improvements to the skin if used consistently. Vitamin A contains active forms of retinoic acid, retinol and retinal which are highly beneficial for the skin when used topically. Here’s what happens to your skin when you apply a product containing vitamin A (Like the real McArthur Paw Paw Cream):
- Promotes Skin Cell Regeneration
The 3 active forms of Vitamin A (Retinoic Acid, Retinol and Retinal) play an important role in cell production. They stimulate the cells that are responsible for generating new healthy skin tissue which helps to ensure that the skin stays firm and healthy. A deficiency in Vitamin A could result in wounds takings longer to heal and other skin conditions such as dry skin.
- Protects the skin against infection
The Skin plays a significant role in ensuring that harmful irritants such as bacteria and pollutants do not penetrate the surface. Vitamin A helps to ensure that the skin is properly strengthened because of the part it plays in cell production.
- Prevents signs of premature aging due to its antioxidant properties
The skin is constantly exposed to Free radicals from the sun and pollutants which damage the skin by breaking down collagen. Vitamin A helps to counteract these free radicals thus keeping the signs of premature aging such as fine lines and wrinkles at bay.
Vegan paw paw contains high levels of essential B complex vitamins. Significant amounts of Vitamin B1, B2, B3(Niacin) and B6 can be found in paw paw. So, what exactly do these B complex vitamins do for the skin?
- They help to protect the skin against oxidative damage of free radicals due to their anti-oxidant properties.
- B complex vitamins also help to reduce skin sensitivity and irritation.
- Quite a number skin benefits can be attributed to Vitamin B3 (Niacinimide). They include;
- Regulates oil production. Niacinimide helps to control the oils that are produced by our skin so that our sebaceous glands don’t go into overdrive with the oil production.
- Helps to slow down the signs of aging owing to antioxidant properties.
- Helps to promote skin regeneration.
- Helps to combat inflammation which can ease redness that’s often associated with skin conditions such as eczema, acne and psoriasis.
- Aids in the production of keratin which is a form of protein that ensures that the skin stays firm and healthy.
- Helps the skin to form a lipid barrier which promotes moisture retention. This is highly beneficial for people with eczema, mature skin and dry skin.
- Reduces the size of pores.
Organic paw paw contains high levels of vitamin C which makes it incredibly beneficial to the skin when applied topically as a cream or when ingested. Vitamin C is considered a gem for skin because of the many skin-saving benefits that are associated with it. They include;
- It’s a powerful antioxidant.
This means is that it helps the skin to combat the damages caused by UV rays and air pollution. Vitamin C does this by counteracting the production of free radicals which are normally present in these everyday aggressors such as air pollutants. What this does for the skin is;
- Prevents signs of premature aging by promoting skin regeneration. Vitamin C helps the skin to naturally renew itself thus helping the body to repair the skin cells that have been damaged. This works to ensure that signs of premature aging such as fine lines and wrinkles are prevented. Although aging is a blessing and it’s a path that everyone is destined to go through, there’s no shame in wanting to age gracefully.
- Protects against harmful UV rays. Vegan paw paw’s antioxidant properties isn’t just great for reversing the signs of premature aging. Counteracting the presence of free radicals also helps to protect the skin from the direct exposure to UV rays which could potentially cause skin cancer.
- Contains skin brightening properties. Vitamin C helps to inhibit overproduction of melanin. Melanin overproduction is what causes hyperpigmentation and skin discoloration such as dark spots. Therefore the high vitamin C content in paw paw cream is highly beneficial for individuals with various forms of scarring such as acne, bruising and eczema.
As a proteolytic enzyme, Papain is responsible for the breaking down of proteins into much smaller forms known as peptides and amino acids. When used in regulated amounts, the skin can gain from the following benefits of Papain:
1.Helps to combat inflammation and pain
Based on an article published in Nutrition Review, proteolytic enzymes which includes papain proves to be more effective in the reduction of inflammation as compared to some over-the-counter anti-inflammatory drugs. Owing to this, papain may be of great help to individuals with various forms of dermatitis such as eczema and swelling or wounds after an injury. If you're interested in trying papain for this purpose, the regulated content of papain in The Real McArthur Paw Paw Products is your best shot.
2.Promotes skin regeneration
Papain, present in natural paw paw cream acts as a gentle exfoliator by dissolving the dead skin cells present on the surface of the skin. This increases skin turnover rate leaving you with brighter and smoother skin.
3.Combats hyperpigmentation and scarring
Because of papain’s exfoliating properties, this encourages the formation of new, fresher skin cells. With consistent use of skin products containing papain such as paw paw lotion, the blemishes present on the skin are replaced with newly generated skin cells.
So, here’s a quick tip that’ll help you reap the maximum benefits of organic pawpaw. Ensure that you follow the infamous 60 sec rule when you’re washing your face with the paw paw facial wash. Just simply use your palms to lather the soap and gently wash your face with it for a minimum of 60 seconds. This will give the soap enough time to do its magic and will also boost blood circulation to your skin.
Now we totally understand why the Early World Explorer, Christopher Columbus referred to paw paws as ‘fruit of the angels’. That phrase truly is befitting,